Blog

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Love is Patient

Love is in the air these days.

Every single person at church is finding someone with whom to become a couple, all the just dating couples are getting engaged, all the engaged couples are getting married, and all the married couples are getting pregnant. Love, Love, Love. It's gettin' Hot In Here!

But that is not all. I have been pondering this thing called love. It is the central portion of any relationship between two humans.

Love is Patient. That's what the scripture says. Interesting place to start....God must be a pretty smart guy.

Patience. The bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain without complaint, loss of temper, irritation or the like. The ability or willingness to supress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay. Quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care.

I don't think that any of these things describe me at all. One thing I don't do well at all is hide how I feel about things. And, many things annoy me. Quiet?!! Ha! Not a chance.

But this is the beginning of the description of love.

Patience.

Love is Patient.

So my quest for love begins in the quest for a virtue of love.

My husband is an extremely patient person. I learn a lot from him. He is much better at the whole love thing than me. Not perfect, but better.

I desire patience....if that is the way to love. Because I desire to love. I desire God. God is love. I desire His character to become my character. I mess up a lot, but it is nice to know that Love is patient.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home